Why is cargo insurance so important?
Regardless of your mode of transport, traditional carrier liability is limited and is usually calculated by kilo. Local and international law, as well as conventions governing your contracts of carriage, often exclude or at least limit the claims compensation available to you as a customer.
LIMITED LIABILITY FOR CARRIER CLAIMS
- Airfreight (Montreal Convention) 19 SDR* per kg
- Seafreight (Hauge Visby Rules) 2 SDR* per kg or 666,67 SDR* per package
- Overland (CMR) 8,33 SDR* per kg
- Rail (CIM) 17 SDR* per kg
Insuring your goods has never been so easy
We handle every shipment with the utmost care and attention, but of course there will always be risk in a business like logistics. In addition to dedicated teams of logistics professionals, we employ robust processes, modern facilities and high quality equipment -all fully certified and independently inspected. But for additional peace of mind, KN Sure insurance is tailor-made for you.
With our long experience in this arena, combined with high volume, we can offer you carefully packaged cargo insurance at competitive rates. Our in-house insurance specialists in 30 countries are able to offer flexible insurance solutions to match your unique requirements.
- KN Sure SPOT - Simple yet comprehensive cover for one-off shipments
- KN Sure FLEX - Covers all shipments handled by Kuehne + Nagel, as well as the flexibility of opting out at any time
- KN Sure FIX - Covers ALL shipments, not only those handled by Kuehne + Nagel. This can be done via our user friendly online e-insurance solution or an annual insurance policy
- Compensation up to the full insured value of your goods, regardless of cause or fault by the carrier
- Competitive premiums
- Door-to-door coverage, including loading/unloading
- Expert risk analysis for your business
- Professional handling of claims
- Fast and easy payment of valid claims
- Simple invoicing and declaration through your Kuehne + Nagel contact
- A one-stop shop for your freight and insurance requirements
- Cover provided by market-leading insurance companies
- Premium simply added to invoice
- Insurance certificate generated and printed by Kuehne + Nagel
- *SDR is defined as Special Drawing Rights